Monday 13 February 2017

Listen ...











                                             Last night looking up the scintillating sky,
                                                 Another hope, a wish for the night
                                                      That you realise the passion
                                              I hold for you somewhere deep inside.
                                    The time I fell in love, my heart was ablaze on fire
                                         Being with you always, was my only desire.
                 The day I own your soul not just your body, will give up everything you need
                                     A lifetime of promises and an universe full of dreams,
                                           For only I know what that exactly means.
                                            And I swear it would be nowhere wrong
                                            Two hearts, one love will hold it strong.
                                              At times in solitude, you are the one I miss
                                 Deeply engrossed down on the thought of our first kiss...
                                         Your tender majestic love is just hard to resist.
                                                    My love! It hardly costs a dime
                                                      For you, to stay always mine.
                                      Now my crestless heart flies with the angel's wings,
                                          "Ah! Another girl in Love" the Cupid sings,
                                             And the fog around forms Our wedding rings.


                                                                 - Shonali Dey

                               ( A Poem from my book " When Cupid Struck its Arrow "  )

No comments: