Thursday 18 May 2017

An angel: My mom







When I think of where I came from
Only a word comes to my mind n that is mom
Although I'm grown up yet I often rest in her lap
to get the sweetest and the calmest of naps
She touches my hair with loads of love
And makes the angels smile above
Her love's warmth cures me of my pain
When I'm with her I only gain
Her grey hair reminds me what she lost
in rearing and nurturing her tiny tots
Her wrinkles tell me the tales gone by
listening to them I can only sigh
She prays for me day and night
to make my whole life fulfilling and bright
When I leave the house she bids good bye
she is restless till I'm back, I don't know why?
When I whither in pain she weeps with me
Her eyes tell me, more pain bears she
If someone asks do angels exist?
I say yes, in mothers, they subsist.....


By Fatima Afshan

No comments: