Thursday 18 May 2017

Epitome of a Womb





Like a Banyan tree that sprouts its thickets ---
My mother bears the heat to bless me the shade.
Like a rill, she flows down the cascade ---
Carrying me inside in a covert for decades.
The lowly dust trampled by feet,
She lets me sleep, run and sit.
The infinite blanket, the sky, a stretch ---
My life circles her beautiful sketch.
Like an oasis in the world of mirage,
She strictly administers all my pages.
My strength like that of the never ending space ---
She nurtures, cares and enhances my pace.
The first drop of hope, the rains of summer,
Whose arrival turns the earth calmer,
As the miraculous discovery of spectrum by Balmer,
My Mother is the breeze of sea, a calmer.
A tremendous success of creation on earth,
For all the species like me under dearth,
Mother is the daffodil that guides a bloom ---
Removing all kinds of sadness and gloom.
She scolds, she hits but she weeps behind
For being so rude, scolds again if I find.
She loves; she cares but never takes credit
Of the heights I reach because of her edit.
Mother, an embodiment of this Nature,
I mark it or not, I would end in "Nature"---
The first of all wonders in the whole Universe,
A part of God's Muse, Mother's the best verse.
My, Mother, like all others, safeguards and smothers.
She is most concerned, than many other Fathers.
I owe you my life, my being, Mother.
For bringing me to light on earth, My Mother!


By Subhajit Sanyal
India


No comments: